Hemp CBD, mango and banana smoothie recipe
How about a little hemp CBD oil with that smoothie? Add some mango, banana, ginger and unsweetened coconut water, and summer is but a sip away.
This recipe is also a great way to pack some extra servings of fruit into your day with the added benefit of hemp CBD. Plus, did we mention, it's DELICIOUS!
Why hemp CBD?
Research suggests that plant compounds found in hemp (called phytocannabinoids) can offer numerous health and wellness benefits. So it's no surprise that people are looking for more ways to incorporate hemp CBD into their everyday routines.
One easy way to do this is by including it in your food or in this case, a refreshing smoothie recipe that calls for simple, non-dairy ingredients, turmeric and our own Forest Remedies Hemp CBD Extract (offered in an easy-to-use liquid form). Of course, any hemp oil can be used.
Check out our blog "Cooking with Hemp CBD" for more tips on how to use this plant powerhouse in the kitchen.
What to look for when shopping for hemp CBD oil
With so many new plant-based wellness products popping up these days, it can be hard to know what to look for when it comes to hemp CBD.
Here are three things to keep in mind the next time you're shopping for hemp CBD whether it's with us at Forest Remedies or elsewhere:
- Look for hemp CBD derived from plants that grown without pesticides.This way you know you're getting a clean end product without any nasty chemicals.
- Take note of products labeled as full or broad spectrum hemp CBD. This means you'll get not only CBD, but all the other natural beneficial good stuff in hemp plants that helps them help you.
- Make sure it's third-party lab tested. We can't stress this one enough. Any credible manufacturer will have third-party testing as part of their quality assurance planning and should share those results on their website. You can find the results to all Forest Remedies products here.
How to pick the perfect mango
To note, you can substitute fresh for frozen mango but we recommend going the fresh route while these exotic fruits are in season (May through September).
Follow these easy tips from mango.org on how to select the best one for your next smoothie or other mango-inspired culinary masterpiece.
Don't focus on color. When it comes to mangoes, this is not the best indicator of ripeness. Instead, always judge by feel.
Squeeze gently. A ripe mango will have a slight give. Just like peaches, mangoes will become slightly softer as they ripen.
- Smell the stem. Ripe mangoes will have a slight fruit aroma at their stems indicating they are ripe and ready to enjoy.
How to cut a mango
We get it. Sometimes not know what to do with a fruit when you bring it home can be a deterrent from purchasing it. But when it comes to this one, man-go for it! Slicing it is simple with these easy steps from mango.org:
Mango Smoothie Recipe
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 banana chopped
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger peeled, finely grated
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1/2 tsp hemp oil
- 1/2 tap ground turmeric
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 cup ice
Puree mango, banana, ginger, coconut water, hemp CBD oil, turmeric, salt and ice in a blender until smooth.
Divide between glasses, and enjoy!