Is it laundry day already? We all love the fresh smell and soft texture of clean clothes. Yet the harsh chemicals and residue that everyday fabric softeners can leave behind may have you looking for other options.
Essential oils can be a good, more natural alternative.
When combined with a little vinegar, our essential oils can help refresh your laundry without all the unwanted ingredients.
Follow the steps below for our easy DIY fabric softener recipe at home.
What you'll need:
- White vinegar
- Your favorite essential oil
- A glass jar with lid
- Pour 1 cup of vinegar into your glass jar.
- Add 8 drops of essential oil, secure the lid and shake it up.
- Add the essential oil mix to your fabric softener drawer.
Freshen up with these essential oil combinations
Another benefit of making natural fabric softener at home is that it's easy to customize your scent.
At Forest Remedies, we offer a wide range of high-quality essential oils from refreshing peppermint to elegant rose - all sustainably-sourced from top producers around the world. So you know you're always getting pure, botanical extracts without any weird additives.
Below are some of our favorite essential oil combinations:
- Mint, Eucalyptus and Tea Tree to create a spa-like atmosphere
- Lavender for your sheets to create a relaxing bedtime vibe
- Peppermint and Lemon for your dish towels to help brighten your kitchen
Looking for more ways to use essential oils?
Try them as an easy, natural way to help refresh your face mask covering. Visit our blog to learn how.